St Mark’s is a well-established Church of England primary school. It is a comparatively large three form entry, junior school situated north-east of urban Salisbury on the edge of down land. The school became a converter academy with its campus neighbours . St Mark’s is a founder partner in the Somerset Road Education Trust (SRET) – a unique multi-academy trust. This co-location of schools gives us extensive experience and access to a large staff of over two hundred – perfect for training, support and shared resources.
Pastoral care is a strong feature of this school. We strive to make sure our children are ready to learn. When we feel secure, happy, relaxed and understand our environment and expectations we can achieve extraordinary things. We never take these things for granted. It takes patience, resilience and extreme care to create the right conditions for children to succeed. Staff are at the heart of this concerted approach because this remains a people business first and foremost. Changing lives is no small undertaking and neither should it be so.
The school accommodates approximately 360 boys and girls aged 7-11. The overwhelming majority of pupils entering the school come from Wyndham Park, an outstanding provider. The campus also has a strong pre-school – . Parents can also access quality before and on site.
At St Mark’s we are committed to the education and well-being of each and every child and we all work hard to foster positive relationships and mindsets. We strive to make learning meaningful, challenging and inclusive. We do this by offering a broad, balanced curriculum designed to make learning irresistible. As a school we, unashamedly, have high expectations of manners, appropriate behaviour in and out of class, along with demonstrating the school’s values – including hope, dignity, community and wisdom.
We strive for the highest quality teaching, consistent approaches and support/challenge for all – including our most valuable resource – our fantastic staff.
At St Mark’s we believe:
- we can achieve our best by giving our best day in day out
- everyone is extraordinary
- learning is like learning to fly – scary, exhilarating, empowering – life changing.
- in ‘whatever it takes’
- in greater expectations
- it is the little things that matter
What do you believe in?
If you share these beliefs, we can achieve something remarkable together.
Our facilities/features include:
- Single storey refurbished building – accessible to all on a secure and safe site
- Excellent pastoral support – via our dedicated , class teachers, SENCO and Counsellor
- Dedicated and accessible offering advice, support, parenting training etc
- Shop – unique community social enterprise
- Subject specialism – Music, Computing and PE
- Peripatetic music opportunities – guitar, brass, flute, piano etc
- Extensive school grounds including playground, adventure playground, gazebo, field, pitches
- Swimming pool – outdoor, heated, swimming taught from April-July plus changing rooms
- Large well equipped hall for assemblies, dining, sports clubs et
- Twelve bright and spacious classrooms
- Outstanding extra-curricular programmes – before/after school and at lunchtimes
- Library – well stocked and available daily
- Computer suite with capacity for 32 children
- State of the art kitchen providing hot meals daily
- School allotment and sensory garden
- Disabled toilet/shower
- Training Room – professional training space used by the Trust
- Non-teaching Headteacher and Deputy Headteacher
- Bicycle/scooter storage